Monday 10 September 2012

I Sleep on Books

Just back from playing the festival in Aarhus (more of which later) followed by a week of recovery in Corsica.
I tried to catch up on some unfinished reading, though ended up gazing at mountains and navels...
I read Michelle Paver's 'Dark Matter'; a chilling ghost story set in the Arctic. Lots of stiff upper lips and shifting shadows. 
I followed it of course with 'The Woman in Black'; predictable but effective fare; seems perfect for Harry Potter to stroll through. 
I finally manage to finish Iris Murdoch's 'The Sea The Sea' which never seemed to end... the worst 'best book' that I've ever suffered (maybe just 2nd to Fowle's 'The Magus'.)
Currently set on finishing Russo's 'That Old Cape Magic', comfort food that has got me editing 'In Cassidy's Care'...
Next on the pile is 'The 100-Year-Old Man who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared', Sam Shepard's 'Motel Chronicles', William Maxwell's 'So Long, See you Tomorrow' and Richard Ford's 'Canada'.
Wish me luck...


2 comments:

  1. if there is room on your pile - I'd give the Art of Fielding a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ordered it David; thanks for the heads up...

      Delete