Wednesday 8 May 2013

My Top Ten: Max


We asked the Miracle Mile back room boys and girls for their top 10.
Max is the oldest 'Friend of MM'.
He runs our website amongst many kindnesses...

Max writes:
Here they are. 
My current all time favourites.
As I was writing this, I realized how deeply I am bound to the 80s, as if I didn't know that already.
They're actually all number ones (ten were just too few) and they aren't listed in any particular order.
The reason why, of all MM albums, I finally decided to list BT is out of sentimental reasons. I'm still deeply connected to songs like Walking John Wayne, Bluer Skies and even The Killing Time

Even if, for many other reasons, I still treasure Alaska and all your other records Trev.
I could add lots more but I'll stick to my own classics.


The Blue Nile - Hats















Danny Wilson - Meet Danny Wilson
















Aztec Camera - Knife
















R.E.M. - Murmur















Deacon Blue - Raintown













Miracle Mile - Bicycle Thieves
















Love & Money - Dogs in the Traffic















Trashcan Sinatras - I've Seen Everything















Eg & Alice - 24 Years of Hunger















The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
















9 comments:

  1. Mm, see you're copying me again ; ) That's Trevor, not Max btw. One here from my 'shadow' Top Ten, and the REM has appeared in my list already. Good list, once again prodding me into some new listens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. or Fools Trev...
      Think I might have more time for fools, actually.

      Delete
  3. Lets settle on 'Kindreds spirits' then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I considered 'Meet Danny Wilson' for my own Top 10 - an amazing album that I played to death at the time, but it didn't make the cut for me as I find it difficult to listen to now - some eighties albums sound very dated, others are more timeless, not sure whether it's down to general production or just the drums? The Big Dish album 'Swimmer' was another classic that hasn't aged well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to see if The Jungle Book soundtrack tops your list Bazza.

      Delete
  5. Good to see knife as it often seems to get so.e flak for simply not being high land

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent top 10, but would substitute REM with some Prefab Sprout!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised that PF didn't feature in Max's 10.
    Mad Max?

    ReplyDelete